Sunday, July 17, 2011

Family

One of my secret addictions is watching The Real Housewives. Which county? Well, all of them! At times I have asked myself "why do you keep watching"? Answer: I am completely hooked! Right now I am engrossed in New York and New Jersey. Lately I have been telling myself I keep watching because it makes me feel more normal!! Seriously, I know that there are no perfect families and I have never claimed to have come from one but watching these shows makes mine that much closer to perfect!! I have two sisters and a brother. I am very close to one sister and have been a bit removed from the others. We have had our ups and downs any family would have. I also have three brother in laws and two sister in laws. My one sister in law and I are very close and like a stranger with the other. Especially in this current season of RHNJ they are focusing on "Family". Brothers and sisters fighting and the in-laws as well. So I have been asking myself....Can you ever get over issues causing so much bitterness and resentment? I have even wondered if resentment is a sin in the eyes of the catholic church? Can family members truly forgive and forget? Is blood thicker than water?? I will deal with my own family drama but I do look forward to the turnout of these crazy families I have let into my life each week.
Cheers.................

No comments:

Post a Comment